We're pleased to announce that we are updating our data source for the Points of Interest categories that you see in PiinPoint, working with ChainXY to provide you best-in-class coverage of retail and restaurant locations right across North America.
Below are answers to a few questions you may have about this transition.
1. Why is PiinPoint moving to a new POI provider?
- Improved accuracy
- Broader and more up-to-date brand coverage
- More intuitive POI categories (ex. Fast casual restaurants)
2. How will this change affect my experience in PiinPoint?
- You will interact with POIs in PiinPoint in the same way
- You will be less likely to encounter gaps in the network coverage of brands that matter most to you
- You will now get all POI addresses in reports and exports automatically
- The Retail Landscape in your report overview page contains a new and improved category breakdown:
3. Will this affect my library of reports?
- Nope! All reports in your library will remain unchanged
- If you add additional POIs to old reports, they will be pulled from Chain XY’s database
4. Will my choice of categories change?
- To some degree, yes. All of our most popular categories, such as restaurants, grocery stores, banks, coffee shops etc. will still be available
- Given that Chain XY focuses on brands, there are some categories that will no longer exist
5. What will happen to my POI panel selections?
- We will try to preserve your selections, as long as a brand match or a comparable category is available
If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out to your Customer Success Manager.